Kelly's Reviews > Under Her Skin

251943
Jan 04, 12

bookshelves: ebooks, paranormal-romance, read-in-2012
Read from January 02 to 03, 2012

My standard disclaimer here is that anthologies are always hit or miss with me. However, I couldn't resist short stories by three authors that I enjoy. So, here I am again. Giving the anthology thing a try.

Pack by Jeaniene Frost - I liked this one. I'm kinda a sucker for those cabin in the woods stories and while this one wasn't strictly my usual kink (I tend to like them snowed in and cut off from the world) I liked the interactions between Marlee and Daniel. Plus, I'm a goner when the guy gets all growly over his destined mate.

In Sheep's Clothing by Meljean Brook - I really enjoyed this one. I liked that we had a female werewolf and a human male. It's a nice change. Not that I'm complaining when it goes the other way, mind you, I just liked that we got something a little different with this story. My one complaint was Nathan's willingness to join Emma as a wolf at the end. For just finding out she was a werewolf - heck, for just finding out that werewolves exist - he was mighty quick on the "make me like you" trigger.

Grace of Small Magics by Ilona Andrews - I'm going back and forth on this story. I liked it overall but I felt like there was so much going on and so much worldbuilding that it would have benefited from a longer format. I liked both Nassar and Grace as characters and I honestly wanted to see more of their world. I just feel... unfinished. Where's the next part? What's going to happen? TELL ME!

Final Thoughts: Those who like their shifters getting all possessive *cough*like me*cough* will enjoy these stories.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under Her Skin.