Heather Book Savvy Babe's Reviews > Dylan

Dylan by C.H. Admirand

Jan 07, 12

bookshelves: netgalley, review-on-blog, romance, reading-romances-challenge-2012
Read from January 01 to 05, 2012

While Dylan is book 2 in The Secret Life of Cowboys series by CH Admirand, I was not actually lost while reading this book. I was able to catch on to the story and the scenarios pretty quickly. Each book is about a separate couple, so reading the books out of order did not throw me.

In Dylan, Ronnie is lassoed into a cowboy’s arms, and she can’t decide if she wants to stay or leave. Ronnie is new to town, she owns a lingerie shop that had been broken into. She is trying to put her life together and establish her business and her new home. When Ronnie finds out her repairman is Dylan, the hottie cowboy who lassoed her, Ronnie is not sure if she will be able to keep her focus on her business.

Overall, I enjoyed the story. Let’s face it, cowboys are hot, and Dylan is a hard working, good looking cowboy. Ronnie is an independent woman, and proud of it. The small town people are harassing Ronnie because of what she sells (lingerie and other sexy items), and Ronnie is just trying to fit in. When Dylan is suddenly in her life, acting protective and alpha male, Ronnie flips a bit, and that is to be expected.

While I enjoyed the story, I found that some parts of the romance and the dynamics between Dylan and Ronnie were a bit trite. There are some definite cheesy, eye-rolling moments. What really got to me was the constant back and forth, Ronnie likes Dylan then she pushes him away. This constant battle gets old, and it didn’t endear me to the story much.

I will say that I read the galley copy, so some of my qualms with the book may have been fixed after editing. And, as I said, overall I thought the story was enjoyable. So, I rate Dylan almost 3 stars.

I received this book for review, courtesy of NetGalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dylan.