Libbeth's Reviews > How to Get a Grip

Jan 03, 12

liked it
bookshelves: mind-and-body, 2012
Read on January 01, 2012

He points out many "obvious" things that we just ignore or have forgotten how to do and there are some good wake up points in this book, especially the "brain dump" to identify what you need to get done, and not wasting energy and emotion imagining you can tell what people are thinking
Some of the more sweeping advice is not likely to be followed by 99.9% of readers. Yes, throwing out your TV would free up hours and hours of time but, really and truly who will?
How to take yourself less seriously - wear fancy dress and go buy some stamps, do a little shopping and have a coffee. Yes indeed, it would probably be great fun but really, has anyone taken him up on the idea?
How to make your time at work more enjoyable? His advice, gossip. Who with if you work alone? and do you really want to be known as the gossipy one from accounting?
I don't mean this review to sound like I'm slating the book - there is some good advice but I think a lot of it will just be read but not acted upon - which is more or less what he says is the problem with all self help books.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Get a Grip.