Paulo "paper books always" Carvalho's Reviews > Outpost

Outpost by Adam Baker

Aug 18, 13

bookshelves: zombies, apocalyptic-post-apocalyptic, horror, series_dropped
Read from August 05 to 08, 2013

A good zombie novel that focus mainly in the interaction between the characters.

We start this story in a oil rig in the artic so there aren't any zombies but scant information about the zombie outbreak in the planet. As it progress they search a way to survive the winter and then go to europa or canada afterwards.

The book has some slow pace in the beginning but it ends with a fast pace narrative. I was impressed by this.

Flamethrowers in the artic (The Thing anyone?)

description

I really enjoy the mission in the luxury liner and the question or where it all began. This time they hint that it's a space born plague after discovering a USSR space module with a zombie in it.

The characters as I said before are good. I like the stories behind them, the ministry, the sikh, the usurper and a couple others.

The ending in my opinion is one of the reasons I rarely don't give 5 stars to a zombie novel. I enjoy the ending on this one but a bit predictable. I already knew it was ending the way it ended.

Unfortunally or not, it leaves us a open ending that will continue. As I search there is a second book that came out but besides being on the same world the characters are differents. Let us see. Probably this will leave us with a third book where all characters will join up. I really want to read it. Just waiting for the masspaper back release.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outpost.

08/05/2013 marked as: currently-reading
08/06/2013 page 133
34.0% "A Sikh that doesn't look anything like one, a fat girl who doesn't seem like one. At least the pace is a quick, even if repetitive."
08/06/2013 page 133
08/07/2013 page 245
63.0% "Good novel. I already want to read the next one. I enjoy the zombies. Romero's like but with a twist. Some, few, retain their mental capabilities. This novel reminds of the The Thing by John Carpenter"
08/07/2013 page 271
69.0% "The descend into madness of Nikki. The descend into zombie by Rye. Very good. I really enjoy reading this novel. Usually zombie novels are contain into one place. I would like to see a novel where the action took place in several places."
08/08/2013 marked as: read