Delphina's Reviews > Be Careful What You Wish For

Be Careful What You Wish For by Gladys Quintal

Jan 01, 2012

bookshelves: favorites
Read in December, 2012

Ok, I could have sworn I already wrote this up.

Be Careful What You Wish For is the second book in a series. To be honest, I was not so happy with the ending of the first book. It felt like it just ended with the possibility of a happily ever after, but with too much left open. That was before I discovered it was a series! Now I feel better hehehe. This was a fun quick read with a dark side. I am going to try to not be too spoilery, but there may be some spoilers from book one. So be forewarned ;).

I'll tell you what I liked about it:

* It had romance, but the plot was not all about the romance. I like it when there's is more to focus on than just the love story.
* Some of it was super dark. I like that in a book with vamps. This one showed the darker side of humans as well as vamps and it added a bit of depth to the horror components. It is not quite as dark as the first book, in my opinion, but that might be because one of the scenes in the first book out and out scared me. I loved it.
* You start to see more of Alexi's past and see the motivations behind so many of the things he had done in the last book and has done in this book.
* Silly things make me happy and there was a scene with a random kangaroo. The book takes place in Australia, so it makes perfect sense, but it put a smile on my face because it is so not what wildlife is like in Michigan.
* Time has passed since the first book. I like it when authors do not try to jam pack everything in a few days. It makes the story seem more real while you are reading it, even if the plot has paranormal creatures that I do not think exist ;).
* The lore ties history with fiction making it feel more authentic.
* Silly thing number two: Little Alexi love Thomas as much as my kidlets do.

I will be reading the next book in the series when it is available. I want/need (there is a fine line) to know what happens next.

I did receive this as an arc, so I can not comment on the editing or formatting of the final version. I will say the editing of the arc was not bad and it formatted well on my kindle ap.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Be Careful What You Wish For.