Pamela(AllHoney)'s Reviews > The Viscount Who Loved Me

The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn

Anthony Bridgerton leaned back in his leather chair,...and then announced, "I'm thinking about getting married."
Benedict Bridgerton, who had been indulging in a habit his mother detested—tipping his chair drunkenly on the back two legs—fell over.
Colin Bridgerton started to choke.
Luckily for Colin, Benedict regained his seat with enough time to smack him soundly on the back, sending a green olive sailing across the table.
It narrowly missed Anthony's ear."

The second book in the Bridgertons series by Julia Quinn. This story has been told many times. Titled gentleman decides to marry and not for love. And then love comes and slaps him in the face and he MUST fight it with all his might. A little heart-wrenching at times with gobs of witty banter. For some reason this version of the story stayed with me long after the story was over. I did find Anthony's reasoning a little thin but I accepted it for the sake of the story. I loved Kate. She was so loving and protective to her sister.

"But when Anthony kissed her, she felt as if she were losing her mind. And when he kissed her twice, she wasn't even sure if she wanted it back!"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Viscount Who Loved Me.

Quotes Pamela(AllHoney) Liked

Julia Quinn
“Before she knew what she was about, she was jumping about like a crazy woman, yelling, “Yes! Yes! I win!”

“You don’t win,” Anthony snapped.

“Oh, it feels like I’ve won,” she reveled.”

Julia Quinn
“Love's about finding the one person who makes your heart complete. Who makes you a better person than you ever dreamed you could be. Its about looking in the eyes of your wife and knowing all the way to your bones that she's simply the best person you've ever known.”

Julia Quinn
“Anthony Bridgerton leaned back in his leather chair,and then announced,
"I'm thinking about getting married."
Colin Bridgerton started to choke.
It narrowly missed Anthony's ear.”

message 1: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley S. YES....this book stays with you forever! No one can tell it like Julia Quinn....a really amazing book!!!! and I love the last quote that you wrote from the book...I'm sure if Anthony was kissing any one of us, we wouldn't want our minds back...LOL...I loved it and I loved your comment/review!

Lisa Kay Well say, Pamela and Ashley.