Lindsay's Reviews > Gerald's Game

Gerald's Game by Stephen King

Jun 29, 07

bookshelves: stuff-by-the-king
Recommended for: King fans, horror fans

** spoiler alert ** Terrible.
Basically, a woman and her husband are playing kinky sex games in their secluded cabin. The woman is chained to the bed, her husband has a heart attack and dies, and the woman is basically stuck. Some spooky stuff happens - a coyote gets into the cabin and eats part of the husband - but it's mostly about the woman being forced to remember this really awful repressed memory of her father molesting her. Somehow, remembering how her dad molested her when she was a kid enables her to escape.
Not very good. Mostly gratuitus descriptions of molestation and incest.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gerald's Game.

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen McLeod Coyote?

message 2: by John (new)

John Couldn't even get past page 50 she was like a schizophrenic and I don't care if you disagree this is a pretty accurate analysis the goodwife the college roommate the actual lady wow a bunch of personalities taking one person they are like demons interjecting each other fighting

But I'm just ranting because I wasted time on reading this

good thing I only rented this from booksfree.com

Carolyn My husband read this book and told me he threw it away. There's no reason to describe in detail a child being molested. What is the entertainment value? Sick.

Abigail I agree with Carolyn--this book is exceedingly graphic to the point where I actually started skipping pages and eventually quit reading the book.

Safdar Boring. Could not finish reading even at the second attempt.
Had to give up.
Totally in contrast to misery, which has a similar setting. Misery one if the best books that I ever read.