Tiffany's Reviews > Blood Warrior

Blood Warrior by H.D. Gordon

Jan 09, 12

bookshelves: 2012-challenge, review-copy-already-read, indie-small-press-love
Read from January 07 to 09, 2012

I received this book for review from The Read 2 Review program hosted by the Goodreads group: Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Fanatics. H.D. Gordon is a new author and this is her debut book.

When I read the summary I knew I had to read this book. I was hooked from the start. H.D. creates a very interesting world of vampires & werewolves in Blood Warrior. She keeps the reader's attention throughout the novel with unique twists in the ever unfolding plot.

The story is told from the point-of-view of seventeen year old Alexa. I love her as a character. She deals with so much pain & evil in the new world she is thrust into yet isn't whiny like some YA heroines. She is strong and loyal to those she cares about and always strives to do the right thing.

As the story unfolds, Alexa finds herself drawn into a love triangle square (as some people have called it). She has the attention from three different boys who all care for her in their own ways. She finds herself attracted to each of them in some form or another.

Personally, I found myself swooning over Kayden. He is sexy and mysterious and I believe him & Alexa are so right for each other despite what happens at the end.

I would recommend this book to all lovers of YA vampire romance novels. H.D. Gordon has captured my attention and I am eagerly awaiting the next book in the series, Half Black Soul, which is set to release on January 31, 2012.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Warrior.

Lola I am also reading this at the moment. Do you like it? I like it, the writing style is good, but there are some minor minpoints.

Tiffany It's a pretty decent read. :)

Lola I thought so too. I gave it 4 stars because I really enjoyed reading it. But there where some min points too.

Nicole So glad you liked it Tiffany!! YAY

Tiffany I can't wait for book 2 :D

Lola lol, I think everyone who read book 1 wants to get book 2 at the R2R at the end of this month.

Tiffany For sure :P