Cat's Reviews > Jewels of the Sun

Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts

F 50x66
Jan 01, 2012

bookshelves: fiction, nora, series, romance
Read from December 29, 2011 to January 01, 2012 — I own a copy

Nora Roberts has a tendency to write the cookie-cutter romance. You can almost dictate when the characters will meet, when they will have their first kiss, etc. She also has a loving view of Ireland, the way that many Americans do and while I've seen many reviews that are criticising the Ireland portrayed -- welcome to the world of fiction, and don't read this with a modern view point. I've read the trilogy twice now and each time I am immediately stuck by early 90's Ireland which is a far cry from late 90's and 2000's.

It's a fun romance that let Roberts indulge in her fantasy of Ireland, which many of her audience shares.

JotS begins the Ardmore trilogy and brings to life the Gallagher siblings. I've always enjoyed the way Roberts can bring together a romance while maintaining "established" relationships. This story focuses on Aidan and Jude. Jude is an American woman who is fleeing her life/finding herself and due to family blessings has a home in Ardmore. It's a far cry from Chicago but eventually she settles into herself, her own rhythm, and falls into a sad curse.

The house she inhabits is a family home but also the home to a cursed ghost who waits for three hearts to be given freely.

All in all, the story is a sweet blossoming for Jude. And, as someone who has also packed up her life and moved to another country I could sympathise with certain aspects that Jude experienced.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jewels of the Sun.