Lizzy's Reviews > As Dead As It Gets

As Dead As It Gets by Katie Alender

Aug 31, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from August 06 to 08, 2012

Best Bits: This one is as creepy as the cover! Seriously, all the books in the series kept me up at night (reading until 3, and then being unable to sleep because I'm freaking out). Alender does a great job of building up the suspense. I was reading what was happening to the characters, but I felt as helpless as Alexis. I came up with a ton of theories, and they were all wrong. This is the third, and final, book in the series. The great thing about this series is that we get to see the same characters, but each story is unique. It deals with a variety of paranormal entities, and while the overall theme may be the same, the way that the character's grow is different. I've never felt like I'm rereading the same book with the only difference being in the name of the baddie. I can't wait for more from Alender. Uh, hopefully it's not as scary, though.

Nit Picks: This one was a little long, at over 400 pages. Obviously I'm not one to shy away from long books, but I do think that it would have had the same impact if some scenes had been cut.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As Dead As It Gets.