Michelle (The Crazy Cat Lady)'s Reviews > The Looking Glass Wars

The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor

Jan 01, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, favorites, books-a-million, i-love-you-i-hope-you-dont-mind, reread, fall-winter, 2014
Recommended to Michelle (The Crazy Cat Lady) by: Found it on sale at Books-A-Million
Recommended for: Fantasy & fairytale fans; but Wonderland purists should read with caution.
Read from February 17 to 21, 2014 , read count: 2

>Originally read Feb. 17 ~ March 11, 2012
>Re-read February 17 ~ 21, 2014.

REVIEW:

It does read a bit like fan fiction, but fun fan fiction. This book is pretty easy to breeze through. The ending seems a bit rushed, though, once Alyss (view spoiler); but a very fun book, overall. I just love Jack of Diamonds!

On a side note, Alyss was (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Looking Glass Wars.

Quotes Michelle (The Crazy Cat Lady) Liked

Frank Beddor
“I tell you to think black thoughts and you come up with that?!" the lieutenant had screamed. "Is a guinea pig bad? Do you consider a guinea pig the representation of all that is evil?"

Maybe... if it's an evil guinea pig.”
Frank Beddor, The Looking Glass Wars

Frank Beddor
“For most of the universe's life is not all gummy wads and tarty tarts; is a struggle against hardship, unfairness, corruption, abuse, and adversity in all its guises, where even to survive - let alone survive with dignity - is heroic. To soldier through the days in the wake of failure is the courageous act of many.”
Frank Beddor, The Looking Glass Wars

03/14/2012 page 35
04/06/2012 page 114
30.0% "So I'm taking a brief break to finish up this book before I continue a Dance with Dragons. I love ADWD, but I will finish this book before that one based on length, and I can't stand being in the middle of a book without progressing for long, so here we are! :)"
04/07/2012 page 170
44.0% "So I'm taking a brief break to finish up this book before I continue a Dance with Dragons. I love ADWD, but I will finish this book before that one based on length, and I can't stand being in the middle of a book without progressing for long, so here we are! :) "
04/08/2012 page 200
52.0% "So I'm taking a brief break to finish up this book before I continue a Dance with Dragons. I love ADWD, but I will finish this book before that one based on length, and I can't stand being in the middle of a book without progressing for long, so here we are! :)"
04/09/2012 page 200
52.0% "If The Cat is Redd's most valuable assasin, so why does SHE take one of his lives everytime she gets mad? He almost never loses a life on a mission, but he's lost a lot of lives at her hand. I know she's crazy violent, but it goes overboard after a while, like she's sabboataging herself at the cost of her soldier's/assasin's lives, only she actually doesn't...she stays strong though she keeeps killing her army :/"
04/09/2012 page 200
52.0% "If The Cat is Redd's most valuable assassin, so why does SHE take one of his lives every time she gets mad? He almost never loses a life on a mission, but he's lost a lot of lives at her hand. I know she's crazy violent, but it goes overboard after a while, like she's sabotaging herself at the cost of her soldier's/assassin's lives, only she actually doesn't...she stays strong though she keeps killing her army :/"
04/09/2012 page 245
64.0% "If The Cat is Redd's most valuable assasin, so why does SHE take one of his lives everytime she gets mad? He almost never loses a life on a mission, but he's lost a lot of lives at her hand. I know she's crazy violent, but it goes overboard after a while, like she's sabboataging herself at the cost of her soldier's/assasin's lives, only she actually doesn't...she stays strong though she keeeps killing her army :/"
02/17/2014 marked as: currently-reading
02/17/2014 page 1
0.0% "Reread!"
02/17/2014 page 21
5.0% "Small start for this book today, but I read 100 pages from/finished Attack of the Fiend, so not a bad day for reading overall."
02/18/2014 page 31
8.0% "So the 4-yr old Dodge kissed the 1-yr old Alyss; is it really necessary to make class distinctions at that age? Such young children don't understand marriage and seperation of the classes. He was just kissing a baby! Lots of people kiss babies, just because they're cute (I don't think babies are cute or want to kiss them, but I'm weird, or so they so say)."
02/18/2014 page 38
10.0% "...he had the biggest, roundest rear end in Wonderland. It looked like he carried an inflated cushion in the back of his trousers."
02/19/2014 page 58
15.0% "Watching S3 of GOT and too much GR have kept me away from ny reading today :("
02/19/2014 page 136
37.0% "It's nearly 1am, probably go to sleep soon...maybe."
02/19/2014 page 154
42.0% "After 1am, time for sleep"
02/20/2014 page 173
47.0% "Work :'''('''''''''"
02/20/2014 page 184
50.0% "50%!!!!! Never take for granted the small joys in life ;-D"
02/20/2014 page 211
57.0% "Stuff to do, back to reading soon"
02/20/2014 page 250
68.0% "Nearly 1am zzzzzzzz"
02/21/2014 page 301
82.0% "I should be able to finish this book later today."
02/21/2014 page 307
84.0% "Back later"
02/21/2014 page 341
93.0% "I should have finished this already but so sleepy O.o"
02/21/2014 page 354
97.0% "Alyss was gone a matter of days to maybe a week or two, when she returned to Wonderland during her wedding day; she even said the vows at her wedding, so the relationship was pretty serious, right? Uh, no; in the very short time she was gone, her fiance got engaged to someone else. The douchebag."
02/21/2014 marked as: read
show 8 hidden updates…

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Awww poor you!

Michelle (The Crazy Cat Lady) I wouldn't complain if I was in good health! I almost died once, ya know! So don't mock me! haha ;-D