Franjessca 's Reviews > Dragonswood

Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey

Mar 08, 12

bookshelves: random-org-book-to-read, ya, must-read-again, e-book-i-own, books-read-in-2012
Read from February 27 to March 07, 2012

Review can be found on Book Lovin' Mamas.
First off, forgive me for just now finishing this book. I was supposed to read and review it last month, but my Library never got to ordering this book in time for me to read it for the Random Reads Post for February. Boo to my Library! I ended up having to buy it through Amazon for my Kindle and then it took me awhile to read it due to my two College Courses I'm taking. Plus, having two children one that is under the age of 1 and the other who is in first grade...let's just say I can't devote to reading until late at night when they both are tucked away.
After so many sleepless nights and running on coffee during the day, I finally finished reading "Dragonswood" last night and I just realized this was Book 2 to the Wilde Island Chronicles. Oh well...I thoroughly enjoyed this book though and I plan on reading the first book when I can get the chance too.
I love reading about dragons and fairies. I've been fascinated with Dragons and even the Medieval times since I was a kid. If only Dragons were actually real and I would be on the back of one, flying to Ireland or Scotland right now because I would be one of the crazy girls who wasn't afraid of the fire breathing dragon with sharp talons. I would be the crazy girl who took care of the dragons and made sure no one killed them.
I adore this World that Janet Lee Carey created in this book. I felt like I was in the book sometimes, the way she described everything and how I fell in love with each and every character.
Dragonswood takes you in the life of Tess, who unfortunately has not lived a good life at all. She has been abused since day one from her Father, the Blacksmith. She is forced to run and hide after she is accused of being a Witch and unfortunately she puts her friends in the middle of it also. All because Tess and her friends were seen in Dragonswood...a place where humans don't ever go because of the Fey and Dragons. Tess has always been drawn to Dragonswood though. She finds out one day from her Mother that she is actually half-fey and her Father is a Fey. The Blacksmith has never been her biological father. Tess is thrown into this Fey World which she is not used to. Her real father wants her to fill the Fey Prophecy and bring the humans/fey/dragons all together. I won't go more into the description of the book because the synopsis above pretty much gives you a great detail of the book.
I will tell you this, this book had me enthralled since the moment I read the first page to the last. If you enjoy a fantasy world full of princes, princesses, Kings, Queens, Knights, dragons, fairies, etc.....you will definitely enjoy this book. I look forward to reading more of these books from Janet and reading the first book...that I didn't know about since Goodreads didn't tell me. Grr! I won't hold it against Goodreads though...well at least for now.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonswood.