Yin Chien 인첸's Reviews > Air

Air by J.D. Richard

Jan 01, 2012

liked it

Air was quite an interesting read, in which the author presents an entirely different paranormal element with skill and ease. I like how the author describes the situation when the main characters face trouble and the events which take place. However, I think some of the descriptions can be omitted, as it is not necessary for readers to know their every move.

Smarty and Speedy are two youngsters, who, I believe, will play a greater part in the second installment of this series. Though I do not understand the motive of the experiment run by Dr. Thomas Salvo which was attended by Essie and her "baby" (who is actually Juliana's son), I suspect that there might be an evil plot behind all these things. I'm curious about what would happen next. Hopefully Essie and little Henry can be safe from harm.

Air is targeted at middle grade and young adult readers. I find it quite enjoyable and easy to read with its large print. The author's use of language is excellent, and there are no mistakes in terms of grammar, spelling and sentence structure. Furthermore, the content is clean, so it would be suitable for young readers. The only drawback is that the book cover looks a little strange. It would be better if the cover has something that depicts the title or a scene in the book, such as Juliana's power releasing in the flames.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Air.

01/18 marked as: read

message 1: by Farah (new)

Farah Hanani Yeah... I agree. The book cover is kind of strange. Also, this sounds a little too MG for me instead of YA. But I'm glad you enjoyed it :D