Norma Budden's Reviews > Invisible

Invisible by Lorena McCourtney

Dec 31, 11

Recommended for: people who like detective stories
Read from November 16 to 18, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I picked up this book and didn't want to put it down. Because sleep beckoned, I had no choice - but I picked it up and finished it the following day. I really fell in love with Ivy Malone and her spunk, not to mention courage. After all, who would sit up alone in a graveyard all night - let alone get up and do jumping jacks trying to stay awake? To be honest, she reminds me of the person I would likely be if I didn't have kids depending on me because, like Ivy, I have a mutant curiosity gene for getting answers to my questions; thankfully, murder has never been the subject of the day.

I certainly did empathize with her plight of feeling invisible, though; it's sad when people have the sense that they just blend into the woodwork, that no one notices them.

The story made me laugh out loud sometimes and had me on the edge of my seat at others. At one point, I thought, "This is it; only a miracle will get her out of here." Even so, Ivy surprised me yet again...

This is a story you will definitely want to read and I can't wait to read the sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invisible.