Eunice's Reviews > Inbetween

Inbetween by Tara A. Fuller

I'm not usually into reaper boy-human girl story. I remember reading some but not many. I don’t really have problem with them but I wasn’t really that inclined to pick them up. Still, when I saw the blurb of Inbetween there something about it that had me hooked. I was intrigued and interested and very curious to find out the story of Finn and Emma. So I was really glad when I was able to join a blog tour for this book and got a review copy of it.

The plot line of this book kinda reminded me of some angel books like Fallen and Daughter of Smoke and Bone. The girl being reincarnated as a human who doesn't remember anything from her past life and the guy who knows and remembers everything but torn and guilty from moving back to the girl's new life. Although it wasn't very original I think it still delivered some quite unique stuffs that I find enjoyable and amusing.

Finn was an endearing and interesting character. His guilt and sadness about the things that he did in the past and his love for Emma was so heartbreaking and touching that I wanted to comfort him and hug him. Emma although likable I did find a bit dull. I would love for her to developed more personality, something that would make her character more striking.

The story of Finn and Emma was a very sweet and heartbreaking one. I was curious and intrigued as to why Finn can't go near and reveal himself to Emma and why he feels guilty and responsible for her. I wanted to learn what had really happened in the past. And when I finally learned it I was sad and sympathetic for the two.

However, I think I wasn't completely that invested in their love story. There were moments that I get so fond of it then moments that I just don't quite care. In a story, I love seeing two characters fall in love, how it developed and grew. But in this book, having that part happened in the past, I wasn't able to see more of it. The author did provide flash backs that showed how the two met, moments between them and how the conflict came but I think it wasn't really that enough for me to completely connect and invest in their romance.

The secondary characters were my favorite! Especially Cash (!!!), Anaya, Easton and even Scout. I love that they did make an impression in me and didn't just fade into the background.

Despite all the slight issues I was still satisfied and happy with how things turned out. The ending, I think, was a bit too nice. But it was a happy ending so I guess I should be happy about it. lol! The overall I enjoyed and I do still think that this is a nice and decent read, although not mind blowing but absolutely lovely.

This review is also posted at Book Overdose

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inbetween.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam (new)

Sam I've been wondering about this book. Glad to see a good rating! :)

Eunice I wasn't totally blown away but I enjoyed it, nonetheless. :)

♥Rachel♥ I have this one too Eunice, glad to hear you enjoyed it overall. Can't wait to check out your tour! :)

Heather Hi Eunice,

We are trying to get Tara's book, Inbetween, into the top 100 on Amazon. We need at least 30 reviews on Amazon and have 8 right now. If you could post your review love on Amazon when you post on your blog as well, I'd greatly appreciate it.

The link to her book is http://www.amazon.com/Inbetween-Kisse....

Thanks so much for all that you do!

~ Heather Riccio, Senior Publicist

message 5: by Jasprit (new)

Jasprit I'm glad this one worked out for you in the end despite you having some issues with the characters. For some reason lately I've been having a lot of issues with nice neat endings too, I'm kind of intrigued now how this one ends. :)

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam I'm curious about the history with Finn's character, but it's a shame the romance wasn't completely captivating. I'm glad you enjoyed this overall though. Brilliant review!

Eunice Jasprit wrote: "I'm glad this one worked out for you in the end despite you having some issues with the characters. For some reason lately I've been having a lot of issues with nice neat endings too, I'm kind of i..."

Thank you, Jasprit. Me too! I do love happy endings, I'm a sucker for it but I don't want it thrown too conveniently and too easy. :)

Eunice Sam wrote: "I'm curious about the history with Finn's character, but it's a shame the romance wasn't completely captivating. I'm glad you enjoyed this overall though. Brilliant review!"

Thank you Sam! I would've love it more if I saw how the two fell in love, every step of the way. Haha! :)

♥Rachel♥ I'm currently reading this so I'm going to come back to your review after. Can't wait to see what you thought of it though. :)

♥Rachel♥ Eunice, I can see your point about Emma and her personality. I think she held back because she always felt like something bad was about to happen. Great review. And I second your thoughts on Cash!!

Tara answered me back and we're getting what we want. The next story is revolving around Cash and Anaya and told from their POVs. Emma and Finn will be in it too, just not the focus. Yay! :)

message 11: by Eunice (last edited Aug 25, 2012 09:38AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eunice That might have been the case. I still did like her though. Thanks!:)

Awesome! Now, I'm more excited for book 2. I can't wait to get into Cash's head. Haha! :)

♥Rachel♥ Oooh same here! :)

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura Eunice! I feel like it has been forever since I said “Hi!” Wonderful review! I have such a soft spot for the name Cash! :)

Eunice Me too, Laura! Long time no...chat? Haha! Hi girl! Ooh, Cash is a lovely character here. Hope you like him too when you decided to pick this up. Thanks! :)