Wanda (Good Choice Reading)'s Reviews > Slide

Slide by Jill Hathaway

Mar 21, 2012

bookshelves: own, read-in-2012, arc, reviewed
Read on March 07, 2012 — I own a copy

When I first read about Slide, I found the concept of it appealing. A girl who was wrongly diagnosed as narcoleptic can actually slide into the minds of certain people. I find the idea of sliding quite unique and intriguing. I haven't read another book like this before. And as creepy as it sounds I would like that ability. But of course if it's something I can control. I would like to slide into my son's mind and see what he does in school. See if he's actually behaving as he claims he is. I know, I'm a little weird.

I think the author did a good job making her characters believable. The usual teenage high school drama was very much present in this story. But the characters I enjoyed the most were Vee and her sister. Two sisters who aren't very close but turn to each other when the tough got going. While trying to help her little sister Mattie cope with the death of her friends, Vee also has to deal with her "narcoleptic" slides alone. As the story progresses she learns a bit more about handling her sliding. Now if she can just uncover the mystery of who is the actual killer.

There were a few twists, in which I did see one coming but the actual ending took me completely off guard. I suspected something was up but didn't predict it. And that's something I like in books. I don't always want to predict the ending. If you want to experience a different kind of paranormal, pick up Slide. I give this book is a 4 out of 5 stars and a Good Choice for Reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slide.

03/07/2012 page 83

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-3 of 3) </span> <span class="smallText">(3 new)</span>

message 1: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright four stars really? hmmm I may check this out.

Wanda (Good Choice Reading) Kenya wrote: "four stars really? hmmm I may check this out."

Yeah, its a good read. Kept me turning the page.

message 3: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright awesome!