Cha's Reviews > Crash Test Love

Crash Test Love by Ted Michael

Jan 04, 12

bookshelves: good-girl-falls-for-bad-boy, personal-favorites, unhea-endings
Read from January 01 to 04, 2012

Crash Test Love introduces us to Henry Arlington, a guy who loves to hook up and Garret Lennox, who has her fair share of break ups and decided to swear off boys.

Henry Arlington and his best buddies have a hobby of gate crashing Sweet Sixteen parties all around Long Island and picking up girls there. They made a set of codes and one of those states to never hook up the second time around. One night, Henry bumps into Garret. He felt she was different from all the other girls he met in the parties, and he breaks another one of his rules – he spills his real name. He thought he was never going to see her again – but he was in for a surprise when he returns to school and finds Garret was also going there.

Garret just moved in and technically knows no one in her new school. She caught the attention of a popular clique, but there was a catch, if she wants to be in, she needs to make Henry like her, bring her to a Sweet Sixteen Party featured on MTV and dump him.

Crash Test Love is set in an alternating point of view. Although I find the dialogues kind of weird at first because it wasn’t in the usual form but it ended up well. I believe readers can still relate to the characters and their emotions.
As they get to know each other, readers see the development and growth within the character. Both characters, especially Henry’s, is not what he seems to be. There is more than to him that being just a player. Although their choices may not be that wise, but I was hopeful for the both of them.

I couldn’t give Crash Test Love a 5 because I really wanted the HEA for Henry and Garrett. I was hoping that the author would change his mind and just let the two be together in the end. On the other hand, his not-so-typical ending left readers hope for Henry and Garrett would find and settle their inner conflicts and have another shot in the future.

see more of my reviews at Book Freak

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crash Test Love.

Quotes Cha Liked

Ted Michael
“I am a relationship phoenix: I crash and burn and then I rise and start again.”

Ted Michael
“I have always known there is a difference between loneliness and aloneness. I am alone, but my father is lonely. And if I had to choose one, I would rather be alone.”

Ted Michael
“Love is terrifying and hard and awful but it’s also amazing and beautiful, and there’s something about us, as humans, that wants that perfect relationship even though we know it’s probably unattainable, and even if we do manage to get it, holding on to t, helping it grow into something that will last a lifetime, well… it’s daunting in its impossibility.”
tags: love

Ted Michael
“So here’s my question: when you lose the most important person to you in the entire world, where is all the love – love you never even knew you were capable of – supposed to go?”