Jess the Romanceaholic's Reviews > Brawn

Brawn by Laurann Dohner

Jan 01, 12

bookshelves: 2012-read, steam-level-hot, exhibitionism, hero-gets-heroine-pregnant-early-on, on-the-run, family-issues, kidnapped, paranormal-romance, romantica, oh-noes-u-saw-me-nekkid
Recommended for: Fans of Christine Feehan
Read from December 31, 2011 to January 01, 2012

Having not read the previous books in the series, I admit I was a little lost at times, but not so much so that I couldn't enjoy the story.

The sex was incredible, with the primal intensity I'd expect from a story about men who were quite literally part animal. I was glad that while there was quite a bit of hot lovin', it never quite crossed the line into erotica, since that's not what I was aiming to read when I snagged this one off of Amazon.

The whole medical testing thing was a bit squicky for my tastes, but I knew what I was getting into from the blurb, so I don't hold that against the story.

This book reminded me a LOT of Christine Feehan's Ghostwalker Series, which was a favorite of mine way back when I first got started in reading romances, so I highly recommend it for fans of those books.

4/5 Stars, and when I get caught up on all of these overdue reviews I have (lol), I might actually go back and read the rest of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brawn.