Kelly Hager's Reviews > Darkness Falls

Darkness Falls by Cate Tiernan

F_50x66
Jan 01, 12

Read from December 31, 2011 to January 01, 2012

Nastasya is still at River's Edge, where she's trying to be a better person. She's immortal and has done a lot of awful things in her life. But when her best friend cripples someone for being rude to them, she knew she needed to make a change, which is how she ended up at River's Edge to begin with. In this book, she's struggling with her attraction to Rehn (whose family slaughtered hers centuries ago) and with the awful things that she's done and allowed to be done.

I completely love this series. I love Nastasya and her attempts to get redemption, even as she's pretty sure she doesn't deserve it and can never actually earn it. And I love Rehn (and especially Nastasya-and-Rehn).

I got Immortal Beloved at BEA two years ago and this book just came out, so I didn't remember very much when I began. Even so, I was able to follow it and rejoin the world almost immediately. (That's the skill of a good author, incidentally---being able to remind readers of things without it being annoying.) I know that I loved Cate Tiernan's writing enough to buy the Balefire omnibus and three of the Sweep anthologies (so I have one or two more to get?) but not to read them. I hope to change that this year. Her books are AMAZING.

There's one book left in this series and I cannot wait to read it. I hope it comes out a lot faster than this one did. I have to say, though, that it'll be worth waiting for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Falls.