Catherine's Reviews > The Princess and the Peer

The Princess and the Peer by Tracy Anne Warren

*DNF*

I'm done with this. I've read too many crappy books lately to be willing to slog through another.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Princess and the Peer.

03/27/2012 page 31
9.0% "I know it's early to judge, but it's not thrilling me so far. The setup seems a little ridiculous." 2 comments
03/30/2012 page 63
18.0% "Slogging though... I think I might dump this. I've read too many disappointing books lately to be willing to suffer though another." 5 comments

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead I think I need to go find my hubby, I read the title as "The Princess and the Penis".

Laura the Highland Hussy Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "I think I need to go find my hubby, I read the title as "The Princess and the Penis"."

lmao!!!!

Catherine Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "I think I need to go find my hubby, I read the title as "The Princess and the Penis"."

LOL!

message 4: by Searock (new)

Searock Good on ya, Catherine. Thanks for the heads up.

message 5: by Lisa Kay (new) - added it

Lisa Kay Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "I think I need to go find my hubby, I read the title as "The Princess and the Penis"."

**snortsnort** Too funny!

message 6: by Catherine (last edited Mar 31, 2012 03:37PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Catherine Searock wrote: "Good on ya, Catherine. Thanks for the heads up."

I'm usually more patient and would have at least finished it, but I can't stand the thought of another bad book. I've had some good ones last month, but find so many bad ones has kind of overwhelmed the warm glow that I usually get from the good ones. Sometimes you start a book and just know that it's not for you. Know what I mean?

message 7: by Searock (last edited Mar 31, 2012 03:49PM) (new)

Searock Definitely! You may not remember but I'm just coming off the Pyte book *snort*.

Gonna start The Golden Dynasty, a KA that has really mixed reviews. Some reviewers say it's so bad they shouldn't like it, but they can't help it. Apparently the H is quite brutal with the h... at first, but it changes.

I figure now is a good time since I'm coming off a really bad one. It may not look quite so awful.

*points to brain*
I'm either brilliant or a bit dumb. :)
We shall see.
Maybe I start it and know right away (like you said).

Catherine I remember. That one was rather horrible, wasn't it? I still can't believe that it was the same author who wrote the very fun Playing For Keeps.

I hope that you end up enjoying the KA book. Everyone deserves a good book after reading a stinker. I've landed a good one after reading this. I'm reading Taming an Impossible Rogue.

message 9: by Searock (new)

Searock Sounds pretty good, Catherine. Hope you enjoy it :)
Went to check out the reviews and ended up throwing it on TBR pile.

Catherine Thanks, Searock. I hope you enjoy it if you try it out, too.

message 11: by new_user (new)

new_user Oooh, must've been bad!

Catherine new_user wrote: "Oooh, must've been bad!"

It was just light and kind of silly. I wasn't in the mood to convince myself that I would eventually enjoy if more.

message 13: by Alisha (new)

Alisha Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "I think I need to go find my hubby, I read the title as "The Princess and the Penis"."

Michelle, that's funny you should say that. There actually is a book (novella, really) called The Princess & the Penis, and it is apparently hilarious. Guess it's too easy a Freudian slip to pass up as a title and story idea. ^_^

Laura the Highland Hussy so now everytime this book pops up in my feed, I read it as The Princess and the PEEN. thanks Michelle ;P