Miss's Reviews > フラワーコミックス [Black Bird, Vol. 11]

フラワーコミックス [Black Bird, Vol. 11] by Kanoko Sakurakouji

F_50x66
Dec 31, 11

Read in December, 2011

I'm not really sure what's going on here. Sho needs the world to be a chaotic fight for power so he can live? Unless I see evidence that this is a component of the spell bringing him back to life I'm going to take it as him being his usual trouble stirring self and dressing it up in fancy language. Misao buys it because she's still confused about him rescuing her and she is not the brightest bulb in the box.

I'm enjoying all the drama this volume though! It's not terribly complex or convincing but it is entertaining. I think of Black Bird as a really trashy soap opera; it's more interested in dramatic! heightened! emotional! conflicts! then it is being logical or making sense. I'm not very invested in any of the characters but apparently I am capable of enjoying a series without character investment. Who knew?

Kyo and Misao's relationship is also kind of cute now. It really only works because I'm reading each volume as a standalone divorced from anything that's happened before but whatever. I do what I gotta do to get through my addiction to terrible shoujo manga. When I ignore the grossly abusive origins of their relationship -- remember the time Kyo took her up in the air while she screamed for him to let her down because he wanted to remember how vulnerable and dependent she is to him? I refuse to -- I can read it as hilariously sex obsessed high drama. So like I said, soap opera. :) 2.5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read フラワーコミックス [Black Bird, Vol. 11].