Franjessca 's Reviews > Ties to the Blood Moon

Ties to the Blood Moon by Robin P. Waldrop

Jan 12, 12

bookshelves: book-to-review, ya, books-read-in-2012, werewolves, vampires, shifters, lycans
Read from January 04 to 11, 2012

I always love reading books from new authors that I haven't tried out yet. I came across Robin P. Waldrop at Goodreads.com...which is my fave site to be on. Once I read the description of "Ties of the Blood Moon", I knew I had to see what it was all about.

First off, this is my first book I've read that has it's location in Alaska. Usually, when you read about Vampires it's in Louisiana or another southern state (except for Twilight of course). Werewolves are usually in northern Washington, Colorado, etc. It's time for a book to have most of it's action in Alaska. One state I would love to visit.

Robin P. Waldrop takes you into a different world of Werewolves and Vampires. They work together, actually. Well...kind of. The werewolves have been waiting for their princess to come back and take the throne. ***That's a storyline never used before...and I really enjoyed it***.

She throws in twists and turns you weren't expecting...like the ending. Really...Robin...that was not expected. I kept thinking other things, but you really threw me off. Sorry, everyone I'm not spoiling anything about this book. If you want to find out what Robin does, you need to read it for yourself. I hate giving out spoilers.

Now for one of the things that I wasn't really fond of...in the beginning it just dragged on, with a love development story between the characters. It did remind me a little bit about Twilight in the beginning, but after awhile, it took it a different turn...which made me like it again. Sometimes, having too much of a development of romance in the characters and not enough action, makes me want to put down a book and stop reading it. I can't stand heroines who also complain and whine. Genevieve did irritate me in parts of the books, but that's because she's a teenager. I remember being a teenager, but I'm glad I didn't act like her in certain parts of the book when she gave her Aunt a hard time.

I will say this, Robin, definitely had me loving the characters, Joseph and Luna in the book. I especially loved Joseph. There is just something about him, I like better than William. Luna of course is an amazing friend to Genevieve and I loved how Robin writes about the friendship between Luna and Genevieve. You don't usually see that in books. You usually just read about the romance, not friendship.

I recommend this to anyone who loves a different twist to the vampire/werewolf stories and who also loves twists and turns. You'll definitely get a few "What the heck" and "No way" in this book.

Thank you, Robin for giving me a chance to read/review your book. I look forward to reading more about these characters and find out what their next adventure is.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ties to the Blood Moon.

01/04/2012
01/11/2012
87.0% "Definitely finishing this book today. =)"
show 2 hidden updates…