Jodi's Reviews > Betrayal

Betrayal by Michele Kallio

Mar 08, 12

Read from January 18 to February 02, 2012 — I own a copy

When I had finished the stack of galley's I was reviewing I was able to return my attention to Michele's novel Betrayal and was instantly captivated all over again. Michele skillfully combines current day with dream sequences relating to life in the 1500s. The characters are well portrayed and the storyline is believable.

The lead character Lydia Hamilton seems to have an idyllic life working and living with her boyfriend Dr. Dan Taylor that is until she begins to have a recurring dream that haunts even her waking hours. The dreams take Lydia to the 1500s and into the court of King Henry VIII. Dan doesn't understand how tormented Lydia is by the dream which is now causing a rift to develop between the couple. He insists Lydia seek the help of Dr. Alan Stokes a psychologist and specialist in dream interpretation. With Alan's help Lydia is able to recall more details of her dreams bringing to light names and locations that the dream plays out.

Lydia is contacted by her estranged family by whom she learns of her mother’s death, a mother she had thought dead since she was a child. Lydia is drawn to England to the home of her family in the hope that she will be able to bring sense to her dreams and put an end to them once and for all.

Michele Kallio, retired medical office manager, former teacher and librarian draws her reader in and keeps their attention with her talented writing. She has combined mystery and proven historical facts into an amazing read that I very much recommend. Pick it up, make a cup of tea and read the book. You will be glad you did.

Note: I won this book on Goodreads.

2 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayal.

Leila Summers I agree, I loved this book!