Jennifer Rayment's Reviews > The Spellman Files

The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz

Jan 03, 12

Read from December 31, 2011 to January 01, 2012

The Good Stuff

Hilariously funny -- you will snort aloud while reading about this families adventures
Quirky likeable characters
Fast paced storyline
Love the relationships between all of the characters -- not a dud in the bunch
Didn't want to put the book down and immediately picked up the next book in the series
Fantastic set up for a series, you got to know everybody without it being set up like an introduction
Reminds me of my family -- well without the whole PI business thing -- although I am pretty sure Jesse knows how to pick locks
Truly unique writing style
Love all the Get Smart references

The Not So Good Stuff

The book ended which made me pick up the next book right away -- hello authors I have a life you know stop writing such brilliant stories that make me laugh
Not to be read in public if you do not want to bring attention to yourself by snorting out loud

Favorite Quotes/Passages

"I still remember the day Uncle Ray passed me a hammer and told me to smash out the taillight of Dr. Lieberman's Mercedes-Benz. That was a perfect day."

"The relationship continued on it its quasi Norman Rockwell fashion until I mentioned his brothers bankruptcy (don`t ask) and Zack realized that he had never mentioned it. Petra told me she would never set me up with anyone again until I ``learned to use my powers for good and not evil.``

``I don`t think Uncle Ray was a sex addict. He liked hookers-sure-but it wasn`t a regular thing for him.``

Who Should/Shouldn't Read

This is perfect for those who like laugh out loud funny quirky stories
Great for reading after a difficult or heavy book
Not for those who enjoy a traditional PI or suspense novel -- this is in a league of its own

5 Dewey's

I received this from Simon and Schuster in Exchange for an honest review
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Spellman Files.

12/31/2011 page 40