Amy (Books, College, and Other Random Things)'s Reviews > Blood of Anteros

Blood of Anteros by Georgia Cates

May 24, 12

bookshelves: reviewed
Read in March, 2012

Curry Brennan’s maker, Marsala, vies for his attention and love, but he has long since despised her and what she’s made him. They’re currently in Mexico to see the historical eclipse, but all Curry wants to do is escape and decides to do so. Marsala hopes that the eclipse will enable her to be able to have children and get Curry to love her again.

Instead, the eclipse somehow releases him from the invisible forces that keep Curry by his side, so he escapes and hitches a ride to the States with Solomon, another vampire. Solomon tries to live a respectable life and introduces Curry to Sebastian, and both vampires help Curry several times throughout the story.

Curry decides he wants a mundane life doing artwork and finds a place to stay with an older couple, who happens to have a grand-daughter, Chansey. Curry is immediately drawn to Chansey and discovers this is the girl that Marsala is set out to destroy. Will there relationship even stand a chance?

I wasn’t for sure how I would feel about the whole story being told in a guy’s perspective. I’ve only read books that either come solely from a girl’s perspective or that alternated with male and female perspective’s. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked reading it in Curry’s perspective. I didn’t feel particularly attached to Curry or Chansey, but I do like the potential of their relationship. The plot to this story also has me intrigued to find out what happens next.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood of Anteros.