Jessie's Reviews > Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe

Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe by Shelley Coriell

Apr 12, 12

bookshelves: 2012-debut-authors, contemporary-ya
Read from April 11 to 12, 2012 — I own a copy

Basic synopsis: Chloe's best friends have turned on her and she doesn't know why. She's a social pariah, and has just found out that her junior independent study project has been rejected. Her new "I can change the world" guidance counselor signs her up to work at the school radio station. There Chloe meets a band of misfits, and figures out where she belongs.

Chloe is the kind of girl you just want to be around. Or at least I do. Chloe is a girl who's actually comfortable dancing around dressed as agiant burrito! She has a big heart, red hair, a cool collection of retro shoes, and a passion for making people laugh. Even when her best friend turns on her, she keeps a positive attitude. This is a girl who will say what she thinks, be there when you need her, and get you to laugh, even on a bad day.

Even though the book is about some tougher issues: betrayals, drug addicts, Parkinson's disease, we see it all through Chloe's eyes, and she doesn't let the issues bring us down. So, it's a story about getting through the hard times, finding acceptance, and learning how to shut up and listen! A joy to read. I only wish Chloe wasn't a fictional character and could make me laugh on a daily basis.

Great debut, Shelley Coriell!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe.