Rose's Reviews > Hiding in the Mirror: The Quest for Alternate Realities, From Plato to String Theory

Hiding in the Mirror by Lawrence M. Krauss

Jan 12, 2012

Read from December 30, 2011 to January 12, 2012

I liked this book a lot, but it is very specific in subject material and the reader will probably not enjoy it unless they have at least some basic knowledge of quantum mechanics, particle physics, and string theory.

All in all, the author did make the book easy to understand for the most part from the point of view of someone who does not have the mathematics background for this stuff, but there were parts of the book that did completely lose me. It wasn't too bad, but I can see where it would be frustrating for some readers.

Essentially, the author takes us through a history of our obsession with finding alternate realities/dimensions/etc. in the scientific realm and the discoveries in physics and math that have led us to where we are today when thinking about complex quantum physics and why the universe ticks. It isn't too long of a read, but again the subject material may go over the head of the layperson. It went over my head quite a few times.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hiding in the Mirror.

01/04/2012