Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > Another Way

Another Way by Anna  Martin

Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Infidelity is devastating to all parties involved, but when someone feels as if they are forced to surprise a part of themselves, it can sometimes surface at any moment.

Jesse’s fiancé does not know that he has been hiding a dark secret about himself for years. To deny his need to be dominated would be to deny a part of himself, but Jesse knows that Adel would never understand this desire, especially if she knew that it was a man who forced Jess to his knees whenever possible.

While I do not think cheating is ever a answer to a problem, the story was written in a way that allowed me to realize that Jesse was just as much the victim of his love affair as his fiancé and Master Will. He has desires that he knew his Adele would not understand or accept and his male pride would not allow him to disappoint the woman he has loved for all of his adult life. Additionally, it was clear to me that he and Will where two kindred souls who found their way to one another.

This story was extremely sensual. The BDSM relationship may have been the beginning of the love affair, but it definitely was not the end. I absolutely loved the conflict between the “play” side of Will and Jesse’s relationship as well as the romantic side. I was happy to see that things did not just fall into place as it does in some other stories. This made the relationship more believable and that much more cherished in the end. This was a couple that I knew would stay together forever as long as they continued to develop their relationship together and remain open to one another.

Another Way has a very large BDSM aspect and touches on a few areas of the lifestyle. There is a scene where Will and Jesse bring others into the play, and while there is no sex involved there are these high arousal moments. Additionally, there are pain play scenes which, though done extremely tastefully, may be difficult for the squeamish to handle. Personally I enjoyed every moment of the BDSM portion of this story. I wish this had been a full length book because I think the author truly captured the trust and devotion that goes along with a BDSM relationship. I would have definitely read it.

I would recommend this story to anyone whom appreciates a good BDSM story that remains true to the lifestyle.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Another Way.