Julio's Reviews > The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor

The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman

Feb 27, 12

Read from January 06 to February 27, 2012

A must read for any fans of The Walking Dead comic book series! The Governor is as infamous as the zombies that populate the series. He's vicious, remorseless and relentless. The book gives some more background and history concerning the zombie plague and offers fans the opportunity to peak into the dark recesses of the world portrayed in The Walking Dead. Fans of the series know what's eventually coming, but the tension is till there as all the puzzle pieces fall into place. But Kirkman, as usual, still throws in some nice twists along the way that make the journey that much more fufilling.

I'm looking forward to more books in this series of novels covering the background of important characters from the series. I hope there's a volume all about Michonne!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Viccy (new)

Viccy Did you see that David Morrissey has been cast to play The Governor in Season 3?

Julio No, I hadn't heard that! Not who I would have originally pictured...but he could be perfect.

Makes me wonder if they're going to skip around in continuity a bit or if we will see the prison before we get to Woodbury.

message 3: by Viccy (new)

Viccy I going to guess skip around.

Julio Not surprising considering how they've not stuck to the comic series directly, using it more as a guide/touchstone. Although I hear they are finally going to kill off a major character that was killed off early in the comics but has so far survived on the tv series.

message 5: by Viccy (new)

Viccy Like True Blood, it is faithful to Charlaine Harris' vision only insofar as it suits their storyline.