Mara's Reviews > Blood Passage

Blood Passage by Connie Suttle

Dec 31, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read from December 30 to 31, 2011 — I own a copy

Blood Passage suffers of the same disease of Blood Wager: Lissa. I can't connect with her, because she seems schizofrenic or bipolar (in the lay sense of the word). The plot is still good, even if a little bit repetitive (but then they are touring America, so it's going to be some repetition, hotels, meals..)

Unfortunately the coherence is still missing: Lissa behaves as middle age woman towards some, as a child (and is treated as such) with vampires. The problem is vampire are coherent in their behavior, she is not. Or at least she doesn't seem so to me. I would say she has no backbone, but there's not the problem. She is really strong in defending her friends, but is a complete doormat in other situations.
The relationship with Gavin is absurd and abusive. They way she "settle his feathers" is terrifying at times (from my perspective).

On the other side, this book (and part of the next) kept me up until 4am....

It is an interesting series (but it is the end that propelled me to buy the next book, in spite of my decision to stop reading).
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Passage.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Mara Well, the plot is good. She's non making big bucks with them (the price range is 0.99 - 1.99 so far) :), but they suffer of a big disease with a litlle name: Lissa. I'll check if they are lendable, so you can make your own mind.

Mara No way it can be compared to Vampires in America...I really do not see how. I read the first three in the series and I think I'll stop here. From other reviewers I gathered she really is including aliens and time travels in the next books.
I think the series really had potential, and the first 3 books kept me reading non stop for 2 days. So yes it is passable (in the way NS is). It suffers the same fate of NS: what you accept in the first book of a series, can't always be acceptable in the sequels.

It has the bonus it's cheap.

You know also I react strongly to doormats. :)
Lissa is weird, she reminds me of a Christine Feehan's heroine (that kind of doormat), but without the "bonus" of being literally powerless. She has quite an amount of power and fear of retaliation should bring you only to a certain point.

It really depends on what you are reading at the moment. Give it a try, if you have time. You can dnf anytime.