Regina's Reviews > Princess of the Silver Woods

Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George

Mar 09, 13

bookshelves: 2012, fairy-tale, fantasy, re-telling, romance
Read on February 27, 2013

I loved this series. I just wished I loved this book as much as I loved the series. I think the second book was probably the best one since Poppy's character is so fun to read about. It was also much easier to keep track of all the characters. In here, everyone is back again but it also meant Petunia and Oliver had less screen time for us to fall in love with them. I do like Pet and Oliver as individuals but as a couple in love, I think it was a hard sell. They barely had any interaction together before Oliver decided he loved Petunia enough to die for her. I couldn't take their romance seriously at all. People rarely fall so deeply in love so quickly. Also the characters did dumb things i didn't understand. Why do they discuss who is the bad guy and when they find out they don't do anything about it except wait around like sitting ducks??? I won't spoil what happens but lets just say i got frustrated more than once because of their stupidity. The story was not bad though. Its definitely a book that only a fan of the series would get because of all the references to the previous two. If I didn't read them I would get so lost.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Princess of the Silver Woods.