hannah's Reviews > Birthday Letters

Birthday Letters by Ted Hughes

Sep 19, 10

bookshelves: favorites, poetry
Read from August 13 to September 19, 2010

Can totally see why Plath fell in love with Hughes. I just fell in love with Hughes. And that's only from reading the work about Plath. Now I need to read the rest of him.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Birthday Letters.

message 1: by Anamanuensis (new)

Anamanuensis Hannah, I love this collection. I just ordered his translation of Phedre, which should be great. Have you read Janet Malcolm's The Silent Woman? It's this fantastic look into the biographies that have been written about Plath & Hughes and in the process of examining the ethics of writing biography constructs a kind of (pro-Hughes) biography itself. Anyway, it's what first got me interested in Hughes.

hannah Anamanuensis wrote: "Hannah, I love this collection. I just ordered his translation of Phedre, which should be great. Have you read Janet Malcolm's The Silent Woman? It's this fantastic look into the biographies that h..."

I am LOVING this so far. Like, I see why Plath fell in love with him. And I think one of my professors recommended that book. I want to do a lot of research about their relationship for a novel I want to work on in the future.