Michelle (Much Loved Books)'s Reviews > Rage Within

Rage Within by Jeyn Roberts

Aug 29, 12

Read from August 19 to 23, 2012

Rage Within has got to be one of my most anticipated releases this year.  I loved and demolished the previous book, Dark Inside, and have literally been counting down the days to Rage Within.  I have been looking forward to seeing what Jeyn could do to up the ante.  I normally have reservations about second books in a series, especially if I loved the first book, and I try not to build the book up in my head so I avoid disappointment if it doest live up to my expectations.  With Rage Within I built this book up so much in my head, but I am so happy to say that it did not disappoint.  Rage Within has more darkness, creepiness and we get a better look into Nothing's mind

Rage Within begins with a  chapter from Nothing, then follows with chapters each from Mason, Daniel, Aries, each three months before the earth quakes. I loved these chapters, we get to see the beginnings of what will come, people going slightly crazy and acting out of character and it's the small build up to the main event.
I loved getting to catch up with all the characters again, and like Dark Inside, each character gets their own chapter with the occasional one from Nothing.  While it took me a short time to remember each character and the ones we lost and why from Dark Inside, I soon fell back into the world that Jeyn has created.  Some new faces are brought into the mix, both good and bad, and I enjoyed getting to know them all.
Rage Within gets more intense as the plot thickens, every single move has consequences and one wrong turn could mean life or death for them all.  We also get to see more of the Baggers at work, and while their own story and reasons for doing things is never revealed, we do get to see them working as part of a larger community, rather than just a group and I am looking forward to hearing their own story.  After reading Dark Inside I knew that any peaceful moments would not last long and I just had to read 'one more chapter' before I could put it down.

The secret is revealed about who nothing is (I failed to guess reading Dark Inside but managed to figure it out before finishing Rage Within), its ...... I'm not going to tell you who it is. but Nothing isn't truly bad, they try so hard to be a good person and when the truth is revealed its heartbreakingly sad but also a big WHY? Why pretend to be nice when you know what truly happens inside, one little slip up could mean death for them and you.  I really hope Nothing finds peace in the next book and makes amends for their actions.
I really enjoyed Rage Within and I can't believe we have an agonising wait for the next instalment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rage Within.