Lyla's Reviews > Yours, Mine, and Ours

Yours, Mine, and Ours by MaryJanice Davidson

Feb 06, 12

bookshelves: goodreads-first-reads, suspense
Recommended for: those that enjoy fun, fast paced, insane FBI action
Read from January 18 to February 01, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I received an ARC of this book for free through the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway Program!

First, let me say, I didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I am. I'm guilty of judging a book by it's cover in this case.

I made the wrong assumption that this would be a mushy love story, even though the summary makes no suggestion to it. I was so wrong and I'd like to extend my apologies to the author and the future readers for my wicked assumptions.

I'm still reading, but I had to stop in and say that I haven't laughed so much from reading in a long time. I had forgotten how good it felt to read something refreshingly amusing even if the plot is supposed to be somber.

Cadence (love the name, by the way) and her "sisters" sometimes leave me baffled by the quick switches between them, but I've adjusted to it and now welcome the changes in character.

George is hilarious. I enjoy his little tantrums and the banter between him, Cadence and company, and Emma Jan is extremely entertaining.

I'll stop here. The rest of my review will appear when I've completed the book.

*UPDATE*

Upon finishing, I just have to say I love George.

This book has elements I'd never expect that I'd enjoy in a read. It's fun, odd, and spontaneous. I've said what I enjoyed most about the book above, but I have to say that although I didn't read the first book, I diddn't feel as if I needed to. This tells enough about what we don't know without being tedious.

If you're looking for an acid trip through a fictional FBI agency full of dysfunctional agents, this is for you. I recommend it and guarantee you won't be bored. The author even gives you some fun little facts in the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yours, Mine, and Ours.

01/21/2012 page 26
7.0% "LOL. Currently confused. About to backtrack in case I missed something...definitely feels like I missed something."
01/24/2012 page 42
12.0% "So far, so good!"
01/29/2012 page 173
49.0% "I swear. George is hilarious!!"
show 4 hidden updates…