liberal sprinkles's Reviews > Artist's Journal Workshop: Creating Your Life in Words and Pictures

Artist's Journal Workshop by Cathy  Johnson

F_50x66
Artist's Journal Workshop is an inspiring book with great tips for anyone who likes to draw or sketch. Author Cathy Johnson covers a range of topics: how to get started journaling visually; trying out different materials, techniques and styles of journaling; maintaining a journaling lifestyle; and reflecting on what you've learnt and where you'd like to head to.

The book is filled with lots of beautiful illustrations from the author and other artists of travel scenes, nature studies, still life and portraits. Every page is informative and a visual delight. The only downer for me personally is the quality of the sketches: so realistic and wonderful they are beyond my abilities, at least right now. But there's lots I've taken away from the book and plenty of exercises to get me started on creating better realistic art.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Artist's Journal Workshop.