Grace Tjan's Reviews > With Fire and Sword

With Fire and Sword by Henryk Sienkiewicz
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
1889855
's review
Dec 30, 11

bookshelves: to-read


Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read With Fire and Sword.
sign in »

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wanda (new)

Wanda Hello Sandybanks! Beware - there is a sequel - The Deluge (Volumes 1 and 2) - for free download at Gutenberg.org.
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/search/


message 2: by Grace (new) - added it

Grace Tjan Wanda wrote: "Hello Sandybanks! Beware - there is a sequel - The Deluge (Volumes 1 and 2) - for free download at Gutenberg.org.
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/search/"


Thanks for the link, Wanda. But I thought that it's a trilogy, with the Deluge being the second book? Have you read any of the three books?


message 3: by Wanda (new)

Wanda I remember reading somewhere that it is a trilogy with The Deluge being second in the series. Do you know the title of the third part? I have Fire/Sword and The Deluge (Vols. 1 and 2) downloaded; however, I have not read any of this trilogy yet.


message 4: by Grace (new) - added it

Grace Tjan Wanda wrote: "I remember reading somewhere that it is a trilogy with The Deluge being second in the series. Do you know the title of the third part? I have Fire/Sword and The Deluge (Vols. 1 and 2) downloaded;..."

The third one is called Fire in the Steppes. Is it on Gutenberg too?


message 5: by Wanda (new)

Wanda No; unfortunately, Fire in the Steppes does not appear on Gutenberg. However, a little digging on the Open Library website shows this one:

Pan Michael - An historical novel of Poland, the Ukraine, and Turkey; a sequel to "With fire and sword" and "The deluge".
http://openlibrary.org/books/OL723359....
And if you then go back to Gutenberg, you will see Pan Michael available for a download. Mystery?


message 6: by Grace (new) - added it

Grace Tjan Wanda wrote: "No; unfortunately, Fire in the Steppes does not appear on Gutenberg. However, a little digging on the Open Library website shows this one:

Pan Michael - An historical novel of Poland, the Ukrai..."


Apparently the third book is variously called 'Fire in the Steppes', 'Pan Michael' and 'Pan Wolodyjowski'. That surely adds to the confusion.

The Deluge is in two volumes. And they said that War and Peace is long!


back to top