Gaspard's Reviews > Skeleton Key

Skeleton Key by Anthony Horowitz

U 50x66
Feb 02, 2012

Read from December 30, 2011 to January 09, 2012

Skeleton Key by Anthony Horowitz is one of the books in the series of Alex Rider. The story begins in England where Alex is given a mission, the story goes that Alex gets mixed up in a chinese triad operation(must read the book to find out who the triads are)and that he has to flee out of England if he does not want to get killed. Alex works at an english organization called MI6, but he is not a official agent for them because he dislikes them a lot. MI6 sends Alex to the CIA for his safety, but MI6 have set up a deal with them so they can use him for an operation. The operation is targeting one guy which is General Sarov, it has been rumor that he has is about Alex saving the world from being blown up by an atomic bomb. A retired General from Russia wants to make Russia the most powerful country in the world. It starts when there has been a robbery in Wimbledon and Alex is called to do a job there and gets into trouble, so MI6 has to send got hold of uranium that was smuggled out of the middle east. The CIA are very curious of what he is doing because he has invited the president of Russia over to his mansion in an island in Cuba called Skeleton Key. Alex has to be part of the operatin and is put with to CIA agents and there cover are being a family because it general would use the uranium for he is left guessing until the end of the story. The book is one of my new favorites because all the scenes are described to the point where you know what the author is talking about and not just having a rough idea. I enjoyed it a lot because when you were reading it in every page I turned I didn't know what was on the on the other side, I would say that this book is a bit addictive when you start reading it. When I was reading it I found it a bit hard to predict what was next which means the story line is tricky, in some parts it was easier to predict what was next then others. The plot of the whole story is very original and imaginative, I thought that there where not boring part in the book at all. You will have to read the book to find out what happens in the end!

2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skeleton Key.

message 1: by Rohan (new)

Rohan Jain Good review but next time don't give so much of the plot away! Is the plot a very gripping one? Are there any boring parts????

message 2: by Connor (new)

Connor Great review just dont give away too much of the story

Kengo Try and not use "something" a lot because I cannot see how the story connects from how Alex is in Wimbledon and how the M16 gets him in Virginia. I don't really understand what goes wrong which gets him caught.
Although I don't think you structured the review well, I agree with you about how Anthony Horowitz did a good job in describing the scene.

message 4: by Tony (last edited Feb 02, 2012 05:05PM) (new)

Tony Good review. Like Connor and Rohan, I think you just tell the story instead of actually giving more detial in why you liked it. Is there anything that you would change or improve on in the story? Do you have any questions that the story left unanswered?

message 5: by Derrick (last edited Feb 02, 2012 04:52PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Derrick Well you kind of told us the whole story, but I already read it years ago. I am basically saying what Tony, Rohan and Connor have just mentioned. I think that you could put more detail in some parts.
Who do you think would enjoy this book? and why?
What do you think about the storyline? did you think that it was too easy to predict what was going to happen next? or was it difficult to predict ?

message 6: by Darius (new)

Darius This is the first time I have seen you so interested in a book. Because you wrote a lot for your book review means you liked it and could mean it is a good book. Like other people said, don't give to much about the story.

Ajay Venkat The way that you have described this book makes it sound really good. Two Questions: Did Jack Starbright play any part in this book? What did you like most about the way Anthony Horowitz wrote scenes in this book?

Cian Tan nice review. the detail is excellent but the title of the book should be in italics. the vocabulary could aslo improve; instead of 'does not like them a lot' you could say 'dislikes them'. thanks, cian

Gaspard Tony wrote: "Good review. Like Connor and Rohan, I think you just tell the story instead of actually giving more detial in why you liked it. Is there anything that you would change or improve on in the story? D..." Well no not really tony I dont have any questions about the book because the story was very clear and I might want to change a bit of the story.

Gaspard Darius wrote: "This is the first time I have seen you so interested in a book. Because you wrote a lot for your book review means you liked it and could mean it is a good book. Like other people said, don't give ..." Thank you darius for your advice and I will make note of it

Gaspard Ajay wrote: "The way that you have described this book makes it sound really good. Two Questions: Did Jack Starbright play any part in this book? What did you like most about the way Anthony Horowitz wrote scen..." Ajay Jack Starbright did not play any part of this book and that you for your advice I will edit my review.

Gaspard Cian wrote: "nice review. the detail is excellent but the title of the book should be in italics. the vocabulary could aslo improve; instead of 'does not like them a lot' you could say 'dislikes them'. thanks, ..." Thanks Cian, I will edit my vocabulary