Candace Blackburn's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

F_50x66
Dec 30, 11

This book is definitely not for the faint of heart. Anastasia Steele goes to Christian Grey's office thinking she is helping out her friend Kate, when in actuality, Ana is altering her own life by stepping into the room owned by the enigmatic Mr. Grey. He's a billionaire under 30 with a life so secretive, it's like he lives in the confines of Ft. Knox. No pictures of Mr. Grey with females, ever, so, IMHO, Ana is surprised by the sexual tension that sparks between them.

I can write this review all day long and nothing I write will touch the book. I can only urge you to go read it. I will caution you that the sexual relationship between Ana and Christian is littered with controversy. There is bondage, dominating, submitting and a very violent aspect to it so if the subject material turns you off at all, don't bother. I can only say that I have read both this book and it's sequel and I am biting my nails waiting for the third. It's not for the sex either (although James writes a hell of a scene in that aspect), it's because the characters are so well written, you want more and lots of it. Christian Grey is a broken character and it takes Anastasia Steele to put him back together again. The journey to get there is what keeps you turning the pages.
1 like · likeflag