Jamie's Reviews > Infatuation

Infatuation by Melissa Schroeder

Dec 30, 11

Infatuation is the first in Melissa Schroeder Little Harmless Military series and I couldn’t be happier for two reasons: 1. She writes HOT romance and 2. I love a man in uniform and these men just happen to be Navy SEALs. Oh, yes let the panties hit the floor.

Francis McKade knows guy code 101 is thou shall not sleep with your best friends sister but that doesn’t stop him from lusting after Shannon. And Shannon has been lusting after him so while at a wedding in Hawaii Shannon makes Kade an offer he can’t refuse. After a night of passion that is much more then just sex Kade is called away on a mission.

Shannon knows the life of a SEAL and isn’t surprised that he has to leave. But after months of hearing nothing from him she starts thinking that the night in Hawaii meant nothing to him. Then Kade finally makes an appearance with Shannon’s brother Mal and Deke, another SEAL, at her house in New Orleans but he’s not the man who left her in Hawaii. He’s haunted by the last mission and wounded. Kade knows he damaged goods now. He doesn’t want to hurt Shannon but he can’t seem to stay away from her.

Infatuation is a great read and hard to put down. I found myself getting worked up over Kade and just hoping he would let Shannon in. I really liked Shannon. She was not some simpering heroine but a woman who is strong enough to love someone like Kade, even when he’s in this dark place.

My only issue was that it the ending was a bit rushed. Then again if a hot SEAL showed up in his dress whites to woo me… well yeah.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infatuation.