Roya's Reviews > Maisie Dobbs Bundle #1, Pardonable Lies and Messenger of Truth: Books 3 and 4 in the New York Times Bestselling Series

Maisie Dobbs Bundle #1, Pardonable Lies and Messenger of Truth by Jacqueline Winspear

Feb 01, 12

Read from December 30, 2011 to January 31, 2012

Alexander McCall Smith (No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency) recommended this author and I have enjoyed the books so far. If you like Alexander McCall Smith, Agatha Christie, etc., you will enjoy this series too. It is set in the U.K. (for the most part) between the World Wars. The main character is Maisie Dobbs, "psychologist and investigator." She is also a little bit "New Age." She is an interesting character, as are the characters associated with her in the book. The light psychology and New Age touch add in interesting perspective that we can all relate to on some level. This volume includes "Pardonable Lies" (Book 3 of the Series) and "Messenger of Truth" (Book 4). All of the books are related to the aftermath of WW I and WW II is foreshadowed as the series progresses. It is an interesting, yet light read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maisie Dobbs Bundle #1, Pardonable Lies and Messenger of Truth.