♥ Ashleigh ♥ contrary to popular belief im not actually mad!'s Reviews > Black Dawn

Black Dawn by Rachel Caine

May 04, 12

bookshelves: 2012, ghosts, vampires, young-adult
Read from April 30 to May 04, 2012

for the 65% of this book i couldnt get enough, but i ended up putting it down cause it was 5 in the morning and i need some sleep. it was a couple of days before i continued, im not sure why but i didnt enjoy the end of the book as much as i did the rest... i think i might of given this book 5 stars if i didnt have that break.
but because i did enjoy this book so much throughout most of it i thought 4 stars was a pretty decent rating.

Black Dawn came from multiple POV's - i loved most of these except i wasnt big on a few, i was a bit iffy on the males, especially Oliver's but then no one really knows whats going on in his head.

claire and eve kicked some major ass in this book! not literally (but i suppose they did that too with the help of some shot guns) they put the snack down on a few people, i was like WOO! Go Girls! Go Girls! ;P when claire went up against oliver, telling him off i thought she was so bad-ass lol.
though i did think claire was pretty dumb for being surprised when (view spoiler)

im thinking the new morganville is not going to be a human friendly place... even worse than what it was, i have no clue why... if anything the vampires should be damn happy that some of the humans stuck around and saved their behind's otherwise they'd be all dead by now... but no because they won there ego has sky-rocket and they think there the shit now.

i was surprised more people didnt die at the end, im glad they didnt but im kinda let down as well O.o
Miranda is going to be very interesting in the next book, i bet she's going to drive the glass house nuts! especially shane :D cant wait!

and finally i just wanted to thank Joan for being awesome and buddy reading Black Dawn with me, i had lots of fun! ^.^
and thanks for helping me get my hands on this book! i look forward to our next buddy read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Dawn.

04/30/2012 page 1
0.0% "buddy reading with Joan ^.^

ebook."
04/30/2012
4.0% "Awwww Claire sounds all grown up! :P"
04/30/2012
8.0% "huh, michael has his own POV in this book... interesting."
04/30/2012
10.0% "HA! Eve just handed Michael major smack down! WOO! go eve!"
04/30/2012
22.0% "im just reached chapter 5 and im loving this book so far!"
04/30/2012
22.0% "oooooo an eve POV now!"
04/30/2012
22.0% "im glad that Caine is trying to put out there that "killer" and "victim" is not something romantic or to be fantasized about. which is great cause ever since the twilight books i'v been a bit worried about all the young dimwits out there! lol."
04/30/2012
24.0% "i dont recall shane being so tall.... im remember mrynin being tall but not shane."
04/30/2012
65.0% "Jeez i couldnt get enough last night! i stayed up until almost 5 this morning reading! but its meant to be a buddy read so i'll stop now until joan is at the same stop." 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! :D great! Tell me what you think when you start! I felt so sorry for myrnin in last breath! But he doesn't stand a chance! Poor guy!

i know! he totally put himself out there for claire and she like, sorry i only have eyes for shane. i was like awwwwww poor myrnin. personally i think she should get hit on more by other guys - it would serve shane right! he totally doesnt deserve her.

do you think michael and eve will break up???

after i finish the first chapter i'll give you my thoughts :D

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! i totally forgot i'v already read the first chapter... im pretty sure we even talk'd about it at some point?? well i'll tell you my thoughts when i get up to ... chapter 5.

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! how awesome was eve's smackdown to michael! loved it ^.^
lol.

message 4: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Apr 30, 2012 07:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! i just finished chapter 5 and i have to say im really enjoying this book so far!
the flamethrower and truck was hilarious :D
oh and how awesome was clair stand up to oliver!!! she's all grown up now! its kinda weird, but a good weird :D

how are you finding the book??

Joan{missing the vampire bunny slippers!} ♥ Ashleigh ♥ wrote: "i just finished chapter 5 and i have to say im really enjoying this book so far!
the flamethrower and truck was hilarious :D
oh and how awesome was clair stand up to oliver!!! she's all grown up n..."

I loved all of the above! :D I love the book, but that's not a surprise, I always do... :D

I agree about Myrnin!!! :( Poor guy! I felt soo sorry for him! They need to find him someone else, because I want him happy! :) I don't have a problem with Shane. I actually think he's sweet and he does love her! I mean he lost it when he thought she'd died and he almost committed suicide! Not that I approve, but still...
I don't think Eve and Michael will break up, they have been past way too much drama to break up now!
I was a bit sidetracked when Michael said he had liked Claire in the beginning in Last Breath! It caught me off guard even though I had thought about it myself at first... :)

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! i agree that shane is good for claire, but i dono what he did was super jerkish, but than i suppose most of that wasnt really his fault (he's also trying to be a better person now as well) plus he is a better fit than myrnin who will prob end up trying to put her head in a jar O.o
lol.

Joan3000 wrote: "I was a bit sidetracked when Michael said he had liked Claire in the beginning in Last Breath! It caught me off guard even though I had thought about it myself at first."

i dont recall this!!! what kind of like???

i could hardly put the book down last night! i swear i stayed up until 5 am reading O.O but i had to get up this morning so i forced myself to put it down...eventually, lol.

i have to say thanks! this is just what i needed!
i'v been in a totally gloom about trying to find and read new books and this is great :D

cant wait to read the rest!

Joan{missing the vampire bunny slippers!} :D
Like like!!! :D Don't you remember in Last breath when it was Michael's point of view and Frank told Michael he would tell Shane how he used to like Claire in the beginning...? And MIchael was thinking how Shane would not forgive that easily... or at all! :D

I am in a frenzy myself! I like seeing Oliver leading sometimes instead of Amelie! It's refreshing!
Oh and I loved your update about Claire and the whole victim-killer thing! Totally agree! :D
Still I can't help loving Myrnin!!! :D

It's nothing! I just thought you'd want it and I sent it over! :) I'm glad you like it!

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! oh yea! now i remember! thats hilarious!, i never got the vibes from mike towards claire, did you??? and with the way claire describes herself you wouldnt think two of the hottest humans at morganvlle would be after her but than most girls do tend to put themselves down a fair bit.

i enjoy adding updates while im reading then going over them a few months later - it helps me remember what went on it the book and i usually have a good giggle over them.

what are you up to?? have you finished??
i didnt read any yesterday cause i kinda zoomed through the first half pretty quickly, everything was just so exciting though!! and i know when i pick it up again i wont wanna put it down till im finished!

i wonder how many books this series is going to have?? im surprised its still this good as so many books!! most authors cant do that.

Joan{missing the vampire bunny slippers!} It was! :D I think I did a little at first! But Shane came in and there was nothing to see after that. I was rooting for them... Exactly! Spot on again! She always says she is so skinny and little and plain and childlike that it doesn't make sense! Yeah but how much really? I haven't figured out what I want yet... When they say plain they are it bugs me, when they say how gorgeous it bugs me... I don't think I know what I want. :P

I know what you mean! If I really like a book though I can't bring myself to put it down long enough to write a update on it... :D

I am almost finished! Right now Amelie is going after Oliver and Myrnin abducted Claire... :D LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! :D I saw you were moving fast and I thought you 'd be finished by now so I didn't stop to wait, sorry! :) If I 'd left it for tomorrow though I wouldn't have had any time to finish it... So when you catch up let me know! I 'll wait for you till then so we can finish it together!

That's what I was wondering last night! I don't think there's been an announcement yet... I thought it would get tiring after so many books, but I never get tired of reading about Myrnin, or seeing Eve arguing with Oliver!!! :D It's a gift!

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! i always thought michael only had the hots for eve though i cant really say im surprised that he did look around (he was single at the time)
i would love for one of the other characters to describe how they see her in there POV's though they do tend to say she's mouse-y.

lol thats ok, i havent read the last day or so but i totally plan on finishing the book tonight! cant wait! (which will prob be morning or you. so if you finish the book today/tomorrow we should finish around the same time! :))

this new more confident side of claire is great fun to see as well. :D

Joan{missing the vampire bunny slippers!} Thanks for mentioning me! :D I really enjoy our buddy-reads too! ;)

I don't think anyone has said anything about Claire except that she's super smart and mousse-y... But still... Love is blind! :D

My review is up as well. I didn't write so long a review 'cause I wasn't really in the mood, but if you want you could check it out! :)

I really like this more confident Claire too!