* Kazzy * -aka Stryker-'s Reviews > Connected

Dec 30, 2011

bookshelves: my-kindle-books
Recommended to * Kazzy * -aka Stryker- by: Jolyn Palliata
Read from April 07 to 11, 2012 — I own a copy

I was really not sure when I started reading this book. It seemed like a bit of a daft storyline... I mean I know it's fiction, but come on a dead rock star attaching himself to a woman and talking to her in her head hmmm? Then as I was going through, I kept thinking there is no way there can be an HEA for this book, he's dead, he can't come back to life (that would be even more daft) LOL! BUT, I kept reading and it got a whole lot better; once I knew more about the characters and started to be able to guess a bit where the plot might go, I allowed myself to connect with the characters then, and I settled into the book.

This was another amazingly well written book by Jolyn Palliata, who is fast becoming a favourite author of mine. She writes so effortlessly, fluently and with great passion that comes across in her work. In both of the books I've read from her, I havn't been able to guess where the plot was going until really late in the book, and I like that element of suspense, (although in this story I was so glad to find out there was a HEA and no big cliff-hangar)!

Jolyn writes really interesting characters, and ones that you can relate to and grow to love and once again I liked the characters in this book, including the secondary characters. I'd like to read more about Rhys's brother and wonder if he will appear in future books?

This was a very original idea, and I loved the humour and wit throughout the story and how the speech matched the characters so well; this is something Jolyn is particuarly good at IMO, you can almost hear them in your head (whoops bit ironic that given the story huh LOL)!. You can always imagine the characters using the dialogue she writes. This was a sweet love-story and yes, even with a dead guy featuring, Jolyn still managed to sneak in some great Hot, saucy love scenes just to make it interesting...(view spoiler).

So, I didn't like this book as much as A Modern Love Story (AMLS) but I think my initial dislike may have been because I read this book straight after reading AMLS, and I was still reeling from the emotion and love story in that book which maybe affected how I had difficulty relating to these new characters and storyline. By the end, however, I really enjoyed the read, and I will definitely be reading the sequels as soon as they are available. Well done Jolyn, another well deserved 4 stars from me just for your pure genius!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Connected.

Quotes * Kazzy * -aka Stryker- Liked

Jolyn Palliata
“Oh, my God. What was she thinking?! Sex - even superior mind-blowing sex - wasn't worth not being able to see again. Then again.... Rhys chuckled in her ear, his hand splayed across her belly.

Interesting train of thought. Shit, I knew I was good, but to the point of wishing you were blind? Damn, I'm a god!

Jolyn Palliata, Connected

04/07/2012 page 8
04/09/2012 page 25
18.0% "Very different concept for a book....loving the humour, but still not sure where the story is going yet!"
show 2 hidden updates…

★Ruth★ How are you liking this Kaz?

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- Well, I gotta be honest and say I wasn't sure to begin with Ruth... I thought it was a bit of a crazy idea.... (even though I know it's fiction)! BUT, the more i'm getting into it, the more it's hooking me in. I'm just past the 'head sex' thing.. WOW that was different and a bit hot!

I guess one of the things i'm worrying about is will there be a HEA.. cos how can she get together with a dead bloke? I'm so tempted to skip to the end and see, but I'm restraining myself (just)...without giving too much away, please tell me there is a HEA (of sorts) it's killing me? LOL

★Ruth★ I was the exact same way, I was really uncertain at the start and kinda thinking of giving up but was SOOOOOOO glad I didn't! & at this stage you prob already know but yes there is most definitely a HEA

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for the fab review, Kazzy! And thanks, Ruth, for helping her through. ;)

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- You're welcome Jolyn.... I always try to make my reviews honest and balanced, so credit where credit is due! You certainly do throw yourself into your writing, your passion for it shows in the end product.

... yeah and thanks Ruth too....I'm glad I carried on to, I really loved it in the end!

★Ruth★ ;) I'm always here to help you through the tough times LOL.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- wrote: "You certainly do throw yourself into your writing, your passion for it shows in the end product. ."

Awww...thanks for that! I'm glad it shows. :)