Charlotte Phillips's Reviews > Last Sacrifice

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Jan 31, 2012

bookshelves: a-to-z-challenge
Read from January 30 to 31, 2012

I was actually quite sad to see the series end, even though it ended so perfectly. This has been a series that I have loved so much, that I have enjoyed from beginning to end, and a series that I have not got bored of at any point at all. The series is just put together so well in a way that has your attention the whole time. The book paced with adrenaline, it had adventure, imagination and drama. It had everything that it needed in order to make a good series of books and I know that this is the sort of series that I would happily recommened to any of my fellow readers. The last book was probably one of my favorite ones because of what was happening it. There just seemed to be this huge depth of edge and excitement within the pages that hand you on tenterhooks moreso than with the others. There was this whole sense of, will everything work out and who actually commited the crime. I suppose what it was with this book was that there was a lot of mysteries all rolled into one, and although it may have seemed like they were not interlinked with one another, they were at the same time.

In this book, I even began to love lissa a little, merely because she seemed to show more character in this one, however I still think she is a bit of a whiney princess with a stick up her back side, but that could just be the side affects of the spirit power that she has I suppose. I was glad to see the rekindling of Rose and dimitris relationship however I was sad for Adrian because I feel that he really deserved to have someone special in his life, and it seemed to me that out of all the main characters, he was the only one not to get a happy ending with the perfect person who would be his soul mate. The book was emotionally moving in many ways. I found myself wishing I could speed read and take the whole book in properly because I just wanted to know all the conclusions so badly, that I had to get to the end no matter what. Its kind of annoying therefore when you have to stop reading in order to eat, but hey ho.

Well, the series has come to the end, but I here that there is another series out related to it, which is sitting on my shelf thankfully, though I doubt it will match the expectations that this series has. I was once a true house of night lover, but now my heart is split in two for the vampire academy, and the house of night. An amazing author that I will for sure follow.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.