Jennifer Lee's Reviews > Partials

Partials by Dan Wells

Mar 10, 2012

bookshelves: favorites, books-i-lurved, cyborg-goodness, dystopian, post-apacolyptic, series, kickass-protagonist, futuristic
Recommended to Jennifer Lee by: No One D;
Recommended for: Everyone, Anyone
Read from March 02 to 10, 2012 — I own a copy

OH EM GEE.

Photobucket
this was me while I read this

I fucking loved this. I had to work at 9am, and I was so into this, that I stayed up till 4am reading. WHO NEEDS SLEEP AMIRITE?

So the premise of the story is that a company called ParaGen created a bunch of cyborg-esque human things called Partials. They created them to fight wars for them, and once the wars were fought and won, they were treated poorly on their arrival back home, so they rebelled and started a war on humans. They released a chemical that killed a huge portion of the population. Now skip to the future after the war and the virus RM was released, and the last remain humans are slowly going to die off because the new babies that are being born are not immune to the airborn virus and are all dying. This is where Kira steps in as she is a medic intern, and she's trying desperately to find a cure. She goes as far as capturing a partial, which no one has seen in 11 years, and bringing it back to study. I won't say anymore cause I don't want to give spoilers away, but it gets really interesting from here out. Lot's of missions, explosions, guns, fighting, just completely badass shit.

This was so different from the typical YA stuff I have been reading lately. Kira is so hardcore. I'm not a fan of books where the main protagonist is a damsel in distress when I say I'm not a fan I mean I loathe them, and Kira is not a damsel in distress let me tell you. She might not be good at combat, or military strategy, but that doesn't stop her from risking her life and doing what is right. And that's what I love about her, she would literally give up her life, just to do the right thing.

The whole story had me engrossed, and I couldn't put it down. If you haven't read this yet, I HIGHLY recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Partials.

03/09/2012 page 460
97.0% "I don't want this adventure to end D;"
06/30/2016 marked as: read