Lynda Tatad's Reviews > Barbie & the Beast

Barbie & the Beast by Linda Thomas-Sundstrom

Dec 29, 2011

it was ok
Read in April, 2011

I liked the premise of the book... especially with how a brunette Barbie (so the cover is incorrect in depicting the main character) ends up at a graveyard with her best friend Angie looking for a singles party they were told about, and Barbie ends up being grabbed by the graveyard keeper Darrin Russel, who liked how her voice sounded.

Darin also has a little secret, on three nights of the full moon, he goes furry and hides out at the graveyard to keep his secret safe for those 3 nights. His voice turned Barbie on, too, and she couldn't believe that she wasn't afraid of this guy. I liked the 2 of them as a perspective couple, and I enjoyed some of the situations they had together.

What I didn't like was how much internal dialogue Barbie had with herself! She drove me nuts with how much was going inside her head... so there was too much thinking and not enough action in this story. I found myself skimming through a lot of that internal dialogue, because there was just too much of it! Enjoyed the ending, and it looks like Ang will have a story about her newfound relationship with "Walter" who was bachelor #2 in the Dating Game fundraiser she talked Barbie into doing. Don't know if I'll pick it up, especially if Ang is going to have the internal dialog thing happening as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Barbie & the Beast.