Lauren's Reviews > The Hollows Insider

The Hollows Insider by Kim Harrison

U 50x66
Aug 06, 13

Read from December 29, 2011 to August 06, 2013

I'm about halfway through this companion book and more than a little disappointed. If you have read up through the latest novel, Pale Demon, then all of the factual content included about the world of the Hollows is going to sound like an uninspired rehash of information gleaned from the novel series. I wanted to read new, unrevealed tidbits about the world and its inhabitants that only Harrison has known until now, and sadly, none of that has been forthcoming. Despite the mildly interesting narrative the book is told through-all of the information is presented as a series of documents collected by/ about the investigation of the reporter Devon Crossman- the sincere dearth of new revelations makes the hard cover price of this book, a whopping 25.99 usd, an exorbitant charge. The only reason I'm giving this book two stars is because I can see that it is a much quicker review of facts for the series than trying to reread all of the novels before the next one comes out early in 2012 (but then again, if rereading books is a chore for you, maybe this is not the right series to get into?) and because the presentation of the information is truly fantastic. Some of the in-book illustrations for characters leave a lot to be desired in my opinion ( the characters look quite stiff and just somehow awkward) but overall the graphics and layout for the book and its myriad of fonts really make this book look and feel amazing. However, despite the handsome presentation, I'm glad that I got this book as a Christmas present and that the person who purchased it for me only paid half the cover price, because overall, it's not worth the full price, even for the most avid of fans.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hollows Insider.

08/06/2013 marked as: read