Avry15's Reviews > Angel Wings, Faery Dust and Other Magical Things: A Story about Merpeople

Angel Wings, Faery Dust and Other Magical Things by Roxanne Roberts

Mar 23, 12

bookshelves: magic, supernatural, children, reviewed
Read in December, 2011

originally appeared on:Bookshelf Confessions
The book I guess is not just for children, even young adults or adults even may be interested and fascinated by the vivid drawings and the conversational tone the writer used. The language or words I mean, is not so much as for little ones..I think it’s meant to be read by adults to very young ones.

It’s simplicity makes it easier for children to grasp, especially talking about magical beings…merpeople as showcased in this one pique the interest of young minds…:)

There’s also a bit of humor to the story that would make a reader smile and said..”true”..

The ending was great especially when the storyteller said..But I did get a message from her to pass on to you. She said, “Tell your young ones to take care of the sea”.

I just wish though, that maybe she should elaborate this one out…or just write some words to better emphasize what the book is all about. Or maybe Ms. Roberts just want we, the not so young ones, to explain it ourselves to them, which I guess is much better.

All in all, the book is good and highly recommended for children or to those wanna-be-children.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Wings, Faery Dust and Other Magical Things.