April's Reviews > Masque of the Red Death

Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

Oct 14, 12

bookshelves: for-review, ya, dystopian, horror
Read from March 29 to 31, 2012

I’m pretty sure that the works of Edgar Allan Poe make for awesome source material as evidenced by Nevermore and NOW by Bethany Griffin in Masque Of The RedDeath. It feels cliche to type this, but Masque Of The Red Death transported me to a place where fear of airborne pathogens rules the streets and there is a rather stark division between main character Araby Worth’s gilded world of privilege and the world of the underclass.

Read the rest of my review here

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Masque of the Red Death.

03/29/2012 page 98
31.0% "Creepy." 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Reut (new) - added it

Reut Sounds so good, right? Also I think Lauren DeStefano is obsessed with it if that helps its case :D

April Reut (reutreads) wrote: "Sounds so good, right? Also I think Lauren DeStefano is obsessed with it if that helps its case :D"

That totally helps it's case! :-)

Nina Awesome review, but Masque is actually Bethany Griffin's sophomore novel:) Her debut was Handcuffs, I think.

April Nina wrote: "Awesome review, but Masque is actually Bethany Griffin's sophomore novel:) Her debut was Handcuffs, I think."

oh wow, haha personal fail. I'm not sure why I thought this was a debut.

Kristy Holla April!!!! ;) I loved this book too! Great review!

message 6: by Stella (new) - added it

Stella  ☢FAYZ☢ Chen Haha. I laughed so loud at the "HOLLA CHARACTER WITH MY NAME" part. My family is now giving me weird looks. Oh well. :P

Great review. I can't wait to read it.

Nina April wrote: oh wow, haha personal fail. I'm not sure why I thought this was a debut."

I thought the same thing at first, since I had nd er heard about her debut:p

message 8: by Libby (new) - added it

Libby I really want to read this! :)

message 9: by Jim (new) - added it

Jim Wonderful review! Got it on my list, hopefully up soon..