Nicola 's Reviews > Always You

Feb 07, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: romance, books-i-own, cover-appeal
Read from January 31 to February 07, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

This review first appeared here on my blog.

Always You is a contemporary romance novel about a woman named Lyla and her ex fiancé, Nick. I decided to read this book because I quite liked the cover- it's well done and has a relaxed feeling to it- and the premise sounded very interesting. I was definitely interested in seeing what choices Lyla would make. I always enjoy stories like this so I was expecting good things from Always You.

The book as a whole was pretty good! It's very light reading and being a novella, doesn't take long to get through at all. It's full of believable characters and the story is easy to follow. Both Lyla and Alex are well developed characters and I enjoyed getting to know more about them! There was a lot of conflict and mystery in this book and emotions ran very high at times! I was happy with the ending; I really liked that there was an epilogue because it certainly helped tie things together and I liked knowing how things had turned out further on in the future.

What I didn't like was the dialogue. It was so formal at times. It just felt like nobody actually talks like that in real life. It was too stiff and proper to take seriously sometimes. Also, another reviewer actually mentioned this as well: There is one sentence about how he had the ''right'' to ''force himself'' on her because he was her fiancé. That is obviously all kinds of wrong and made me do a double take. It was just such a bizarre and awful statement since of course he had no right to do such a thing.

Overall, Always You is a nice story and I'd recommend it to any contemporary romance fans looking for a quick read.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always You.

01/31/2012