mindi's Reviews > Nigella Express: Good Food, Fast

Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson

Jul 18, 08

bookshelves: 2008
Read in July, 2008

1. i love nigella. even if this was a book entirely made up of ways to cook meat and coleslaw, i would have read it because of Nigella's writing style and the beautiful photos.

2. i am such a fan of cookbooks that include a photo with nearly every recipe. i am not a confident cook by any means, so it's nice to "see" what i'm working towards.

3. i love that Nigella is so down to earth about food. she doesn't make me feel guilty for eating more raw brownie batter than i bake(and i feel that she would probably join me if we were sharing a kitchen). she is not above using food from cans and jars and the freezer. she also has a way of making me truly believe that fried doughnut pancakes would make a well balanced dinner from time to time. :)

4. i would give this book 3.5 stars if possible, mostly because there were more not a ton of recipes that would be useful to me. i can be a picky eater and i mostly cook for me and the (small) kids, so there were several recipes that i could just look at and tell that they would not go over well.

the recipes that WOULD go over well were mostly desserts!

i really did like her breakfast section, a few things from the Italian section, and i think there was a salad or two that looked decent. i was inspired to make a few infused oils for here at home, and when i do start adding meat back into our diet, i found several things that looked pretty good.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nigella Express.